Wednesday 24 November 2010

Use java XML Dom parser in wsadmin jython

With my Application deployment module I had to read lot many xml files for different elements/attributes and I was first tag based parsing as I thought DOM will be very costly to use. But I soon realise that I need to work on many xml files and tag based parsing will mean a really stupid looking code. So I used Java dom parser in my jython and its really easy with jython wsadmin and java. I am not posting my complete class I am using to parse different xml files but if you want to do it, here is how you can get started:

import javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory as DocumentBuilderFactory
import javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder as DocumentBuilder

dbf = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance()
db = dbf.newDocumentBuilder()
dom = db.parse("\usr\xml\app.xml")
docEle = dom.getDocumentElement()
 attr= docEle.getAttribute("name")
print attr

Here I am printing attribute of root element of the xml I have read. You can look at java docs for complete set of methods available with dom parser

No comments:

Post a Comment